By accepting these terms and conditions, you also declare that you have read, understood and hereby accept the full text thereof.
2 General information about the Great to Meet application
The purpose of the Great to Meet application is to enable you to easily exchange your contact details with known contacts from your own file(s) and with users of the Great to Meet App in whose proximity you have been.
In order to make proper use of the Great to Meet application, you will need to share your location data with us. You can (temporarily) stop sharing this data at any time. The Great to Meet application will then show you other users of the Great to Meet application in whose proximity you are (or have been) and whose Great to Meet application is on. You can send these people a connection request. Once the other person accepts your connection request, you will be able to see each other’s contact details.
Great to Meet B.V. is not responsible for (the accuracy of) the data shared by users via the Great to Meet application. This is the responsibility of the users themselves.
3 Additional terms and conditions for the Great to Meet application
We may impose additional terms and conditions on the use of certain functionalities of the Great to Meet application. We may set, amend and cancel these terms and conditions at any time. We will inform you of these additional terms and conditions in the Great to Meet application.
4 Your privacy
We make every effort to ensure that your privacy is treated with due care. We also provide various options that allow you to determine when and how we collect your personal data. Making use of such options can affect the Great to Meet user experience.
If you would like to learn more about how your personal data is processed via the Great to Meet application, please see our privacy statement.
5 Your account
When creating your account, you will need to register via your telephone number. We will send you a text message with a verification code to confirm the number provided. You will need to submit this verification code to us.
We will also verify your email address before you can share it with others.
The account you create must contain your actual details. You may not create a fake account or an account that uses the name or other personal data of another person (whether or not fictitious).
6 Intellectual property rights
All software, information, visual material and other data of and on the Great to Meet application (with the exception of photographs and information uploaded to the Great to Meet application by users themselves) are the property of or otherwise belong to Great to Meet B.V. and/or its parent company. Without the consent of the rightsholder, it is forbidden to copy, publish, edit or distribute this software, information, visual material and other data from the Great to Meet application.
All photographs and other data uploaded by users themselves to the Great to Meet application are the property of or otherwise belong to the relevant user. Without the consent of the relevant user, it is forbidden to copy, publish, edit or distribute these photographs and other data.
If you, as a user, upload photographs and other data to the Great to Meet application, you hereby grant Great to Meet B.V. an unlimited right of use to use, copy, publish, edit and distribute the photographs and other data both within and outside the Great to Meet application. This right of use is unlimited, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable and sublicensable. You guarantee that the data is not encumbered by any rights of third parties.
7 Rules of conduct
When using the Great to Meet application, you are not permitted, in any way whatsoever, to:
- represent yourself as someone other than your actual self;
- use the Great to Meet application before the age of sixteen;
- use the Great to Meet application for non-business purposes;
- use the Great to Meet application to track, bother, stalk or otherwise harass people;
- use the Great to Meet application in a manner inconsistent with laws and regulations, public order and/or public decency;
- use the Great to Meet application for purposes other than those for which it is intended;
- disclose and distribute the contact details of another user that you obtained directly via the Great to Meet application or indirectly via a third party (for
example a search engine) outside the Great to Meet application, without the express written consent of that user;
- modify (the appearance of) the Great to Meet application;
- develop, support or apply automated data collection programs, extraction programs, copying devices, spiders, robots or other similar software and/or tools to create desired functionalities that the Great to Meet application does not itself provide unless you have the express written consent of Great to Meet B.V. to do so;
- circumvent usage restrictions, security functionality or security measures in the Great to Meet application;
- spread viruses, worms or other harmful content via the Great to Meet application and/or directly to other users of the Great to Meet application;
- disrupt or endanger the operation and/or stability of the Great to Meet application (for example by means of spam, denial of service attacks, etc.).
In addition, it is specifically forbidden to upload texts, photographs and other information to the Great to Meet application that constitute the following, display the following, or which can be construed as such:
- content of a non-business nature;
- nudity, child pornography and/or other sexually explicit content; • harmful or dangerous content;
- vindictive content;
- discriminatory content;
- violent or shocking content;
- offensive, intimidating and threatening content;
- misleading, fraudulent content;
- content whereby someone poses as another;
- content encumbered by third-party rights.
8 Availability, functioning and termination of the Great to Meet application
The Great to Meet application has been designed with the utmost care. We aim to keep the Great to Meet application technologically up-to-date and develop it further. Nevertheless, we are unable to guarantee that the Great to Meet application will function without error or interruption.
We reserve the right to terminate the availability of the Great to Meet application at any time.
We reserve the right to remove photographs and contact details at any time. Great to Meet by no means guarantees that you will always have access to photographs and contact details.
Once we delete your data or your account data (whether or not at your request),
all data will be definitively and permanently deleted and can no longer be retrieved by any means.
We are not liable for any damage you may suffer in connection with the use of the Great to Meet application. This applies to all types of damage, including, but not limited to: data corruption, loss of data and/or business interruption.
Users are themselves responsible for their use of the Great to Meet application. If a user publishes unlawful content in the Great to Meet application, or keeps it published, you must call that user to account.
Should we nevertheless be liable, for any reason whatsoever, for damage caused in connection with the use of the Great to Meet application, our liability will at all times be limited to a total amount of € 1,000.
In addition, all forms of indirect damage, including in any event loss of income, lost savings, lost profits and costs that are not directly related to the use of the Great to Meet application, are excluded from compensation at all times.
12 Applicable law and choice of forum